This forum was created for news and support while the Frihost and FFS Forums were down and Server 1 with the Forum hosting accounts on it was still up and running. The ending was obviously predictable, but it's still sad news when Frihost Server 1 finally came to an end on Valentines Day - 14 February 2019.

Our heartfelt thanks to Bondings for supporting us for a very long time with providing free hosting to those who could not afford it, long after he stopped being involved with Frihost. Not only did he continue to provide free hosting, but the hosting was of the best quality ever on a 5-star cpanel server with Hetzner. Specs were enormous and for the period January 2015 to 14 February 2019 we rarely had a down time on the server. We're sad Bondings stopped communicating with us, but wish him the best wherever he is and with whatever projects he is involved with.

For those who are curious about the last days of Frihost - here's a blog article I wrote at Gigarocket.net:

https://www.gigarocket.net/blog/rip-frihost-and-ffs/

If you are looking to contact me, you'll find me at either https://gigarocket.net/forum (genesis) or https://post4vps.com (deanhills).

Forums Offline

deanhills
Site Admin

Forums Offline

Post by deanhills » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:54 am

Welcome to Frihost.club. :)

Looks like Frihost.com and FreeFTPSpace.org are down. Both Forums are located on Frihost Server 2. We've sent e-mails to Bondings (Haplo) but so far haven't received a response. So we don't have an idea yet what the status of the Forums are.

Server 1 with our Hosting Accounts is doing fine for now.

Please note that frihost.club is a temporary Forum for active members of Frihost and FreeFTPSpace.org only until Frihost and FFS are online again. Therefore automatic membership registration has been disabled.

dudexyx

Re: Forums Offline

Post by dudexyx » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:33 am

Well when I requested an account for second time I kind of expected this to happen. But I thought at least forum would be keep running even if everything else goes down. When the owner and whoever has authority goes missing its going to happen sooner or later. I hope Bonding with pop up and fix this but I wouldn't be holding by breath for that. )

standready

Post by standready » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:09 pm

We can only hope that Bondings is OK and just busy with life but will attend to his baby's issues soon.

deanhills
Site Admin

Post by deanhills » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:40 pm

I hope so too. I'm hoping the harder we think about it the more possible it will be for Frihost to make its appearance again. Particularly since April is a Birthday month kind'a for frihost forum. Bondings may be reminded that way, who knows. I wonder whether there is a way to check what happened. I tried everything, but maybe there is something more that I haven't thought off.

dudexyx

Post by dudexyx » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:30 am

If he at least once appear to sort out things it would be something great. If those domains expire then everything will be over. So none of the Admins know him in real or have direct contact with him like maybe at least Facebook ?

deanhills
Site Admin

Post by deanhills » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:42 am

dudexyx wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:30 am
If he at least once appear to sort out things it would be something great. If those domains expire then everything will be over. So none of the Admins know him in real or have direct contact with him like maybe at least Facebook ?
@dudexyx - I obviously can't say for sure, but am almost certain that all of the domains are on automatic renewal. Let's cross our fingers that they are.

Ankhanu

Post by Ankhanu » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:42 pm

We were in the domain renewal scare last year too; I'm pretty sure they're on auto. Hopefully we'll get the server up and running ASAP though.

dudexyx

Post by dudexyx » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:56 pm

Do you guys have a upto date backup of the forum ?

deanhills
Site Admin

Post by deanhills » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:48 pm

dudexyx wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:56 pm
Do you guys have a upto date backup of the forum ?
Wish we had! As far as I know Bondings is the only one with access to making and downloading backups of the Frihost Forum. He is also the only one with access to the Server that has the Forum on it.

dudexyx

Post by dudexyx » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:55 am

Okey that's not a good news. Not that matters anymore but doesn't phpBB has an inbuilt backup function ? I know SMF has it, which let you download Database I think.