This forum was created for news and support while the Frihost and FFS Forums were down and Server 1 with the Forum hosting accounts on it was still up and running. The ending was obviously predictable, but it's still sad news when Frihost Server 1 finally came to an end on Valentines Day - 14 February 2019.

Our heartfelt thanks to Bondings for supporting us for a very long time with providing free hosting to those who could not afford it, long after he stopped being involved with Frihost. Not only did he continue to provide free hosting, but the hosting was of the best quality ever on a 5-star cpanel server with Hetzner. Specs were enormous and for the period January 2015 to 14 February 2019 we rarely had a down time on the server. We're sad Bondings stopped communicating with us, but wish him the best wherever he is and with whatever projects he is involved with.

For those who are curious about the last days of Frihost - here's a blog article I wrote at Gigarocket.net:

https://www.gigarocket.net/blog/rip-frihost-and-ffs/

If you are looking to contact me, you'll find me at either https://gigarocket.net/forum (genesis) or https://post4vps.com (deanhills).

frihost.net domain

deanhills
Site Admin

frihost.net domain

Post by deanhills » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:30 pm

Frihost Server 1 is in great shape at the moment, however, we are a little concerned about the frihost.net domain that is due for expiration on 22 April - only 5 days from today. There are many ways of working around it of course if the domain should expire, so it shouldn't be an insurmountable problem, however we urge all hosted members to take backups of their hosting accounts. As far as I know if the expiration is 22 April, then the domain will no longer be accessible after that date - or until Bondings has renewed and activated it again. We'll keep you up to date in this thread.

deanhills
Site Admin

Re: frihost.net domain

Post by deanhills » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:10 am

Looks as though frihost.net domain has been renewed until 22 April 2019. Frihost.net is in good shape for now. 8-)

sailor69

Post by sailor69 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:25 am

My site is having no problems.

I wonder if the police have been called to report a missing person, and whether they should be called.

deanhills
Site Admin

Post by deanhills » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:13 am

sailor69 wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:25 am
My site is having no problems.

I wonder if the police have been called to report a missing person, and whether they should be called.
Glad to hear your site is OK. We've issued a milk carton campaign, have reported it to the Data Center, but not the police yet. :P
viewtopic.php?p=9#p9

don

Post by don » Sun May 06, 2018 10:17 am

So what is the latest here guys ?
It is now May , and the sites are operational.
I am hoping all is good with Haplo.

Do we think the sites will continue to work ?
Or are we sitting on a time bomb , not knowing what the ticker is showing ?

deanhills
Site Admin

Post by deanhills » Sun May 06, 2018 10:08 pm

don wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 10:17 am
So what is the latest here guys ?
It is now May , and the sites are operational.
I am hoping all is good with Haplo.

Do we think the sites will continue to work ?
Or are we sitting on a time bomb , not knowing what the ticker is showing ?
We're all wondering about this @don. But at some or other stage we'll have to work out something. I suggested to the Admin tidruG that we wait until the end of May to see whether Frihost goes online again, and if not, we will have to get together to figure out where we go from here. So please check in here from time to time as important announcements will be made from this Forum.

Sonlight

Post by Sonlight » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:31 am

Still down, and no new word, after such a long time. I miss frihost, it has outlived most of its competitors and it's sad if it has permanently disappeared. I am glad to hear that many member web sites are still up. As long as that is the case, the success continues.

deanhills
Site Admin

Post by deanhills » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:39 pm

Sonlight wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:31 am
Still down, and no new word, after such a long time. I miss frihost, it has outlived most of its competitors and it's sad if it has permanently disappeared. I am glad to hear that many member web sites are still up. As long as that is the case, the success continues.
I feel the same. Feels as though there is something really lacking every day. Frihost is completely missing. I miss Frihost.

All of the member sites on Server 1 are still up. Brilliant hosting space. Not sure what is going to happen after the end of the year though.