This forum was created for news and support while the Frihost and FFS Forums were down and Server 1 with the Forum hosting accounts on it was still up and running. The ending was obviously predictable, but it's still sad news when Frihost Server 1 finally came to an end on Valentines Day - 14 February 2019.

Our heartfelt thanks to Bondings for supporting us for a very long time with providing free hosting to those who could not afford it, long after he stopped being involved with Frihost. Not only did he continue to provide free hosting, but the hosting was of the best quality ever on a 5-star cpanel server with Hetzner. Specs were enormous and for the period January 2015 to 14 February 2019 we rarely had a down time on the server. We're sad Bondings stopped communicating with us, but wish him the best wherever he is and with whatever projects he is involved with.

For those who are curious about the last days of Frihost - here's a blog article I wrote at Gigarocket.net:

https://www.gigarocket.net/blog/rip-frihost-and-ffs/

If you are looking to contact me, you'll find me at either https://gigarocket.net/forum (genesis) or https://post4vps.com (deanhills).

Roll Call

deanhills
Site Admin

Re: Roll Call

Post by deanhills » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:51 pm

jestoy05 wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:50 am
Hi I'm here. Sorry it's been a while. Got some personal things to attend to. How's everybody doing?
Nice that you are still checking in at frihost @jestoy. I've also been away for a few weeks.

I'm not sure whether we'll still have hosting after December, so suggest if you are into post 4 free hosting, that you may set yourself up in preparation in the event we don't have hosting after end of December. I highly recommend gigarocket.net for high quality shared hosting with cpanel and softaculous. All you need is to make 10 posts for the life time of your account. So why not make the posts in the meanwhile, and see whether you like the hosting so you are prepared if and when Server 1 expires.

If you are interested in a post 4 vps, that is also possible. I'm presently an active member of post4vps.com. I'm very happy with my VPS. One needs to make 25 quality posts to get a VPS and 20 posts per month to keep the VPS.

Sonlight

Post by Sonlight » Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:34 am

Hi @deanhills, good to see you here again. I signed up at gigarocket, and will probably set up a website there. Interestingly enough, post4vps is suspended at the moment. I may check them again to see if it's just temporary, but I don't think I should get a vps there in any case, since I likely will not try to establish an active busy site. I will surely miss the Frihost forum if it is indeed gone forever.

deanhills
Site Admin

Post by deanhills » Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:32 pm

Sonlight wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:34 am
Hi @deanhills, good to see you here again. I signed up at gigarocket, and will probably set up a website there. Interestingly enough, post4vps is suspended at the moment. I may check them again to see if it's just temporary, but I don't think I should get a vps there in any case, since I likely will not try to establish an active busy site. I will surely miss the Frihost forum if it is indeed gone forever.
Glad you signed up with Gigarocket @Sonlight. You're right, unfortunately post4vps.com has issues with its Forum. But the hosting is for real, and when the Forum is up it's a nice and very active Forum to post to. Think you will like it there. :)