This forum was created for news and support while the Frihost and FFS Forums were down and Server 1 with the Forum hosting accounts on it was still up and running. The ending was obviously predictable, but it's still sad news when Frihost Server 1 finally came to an end on Valentines Day - 14 February 2019.

Our heartfelt thanks to Bondings for supporting us for a very long time with providing free hosting to those who could not afford it, long after he stopped being involved with Frihost. Not only did he continue to provide free hosting, but the hosting was of the best quality ever on a 5-star cpanel server with Hetzner. Specs were enormous and for the period January 2015 to 14 February 2019 we rarely had a down time on the server. We're sad Bondings stopped communicating with us, but wish him the best wherever he is and with whatever projects he is involved with.

For those who are curious about the last days of Frihost - here's a blog article I wrote at Gigarocket.net:

https://www.gigarocket.net/blog/rip-frihost-and-ffs/

If you are looking to contact me, you'll find me at either https://gigarocket.net/forum (genesis) or https://post4vps.com (deanhills).

Guessing Contest - what is your guess? When will Frihost.com be up and running again?

deanhills
Site Admin

Guessing Contest - what is your guess? When will Frihost.com be up and running again?

Post by deanhills » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:48 am

Guess everyone is wondering when Frihost.com will be up and running again. Domain is active until 22 April 2019. I'm still hoping that Bondings will try and do something to have us up and running by 26 April, as that is the birthday of Frihost. If I calculate correctly Frihost will be 13 years old then. Wonder if it is going to be a lucky or unlucky date.

Anyway, the date I'm hoping for is 26 April. Not sure whether it will happen. I'm interested to know what other Frihost members' guesses are.

While I was going nostalgically through some of my Frihost images that I put together through the years, here is one I created for Frihost's Birthday in 2014.

haiku201

Re: Guessing Contest - what is your guess? When will Frihost.com be up and running again?

Post by haiku201 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:10 pm

Nice one, deanhills. It's now the 28th. No change??? What's next?

deanhills
Site Admin

Re: Guessing Contest - what is your guess? When will Frihost.com be up and running again?

Post by deanhills » Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:41 pm

haiku201 wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:10 pm
Nice one, deanhills. It's now the 28th. No change??? What's next?
Not a clue. Any suggestions by Frihost members are most welcome.

standready

Post by standready » Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:34 pm

Hopefully very soon Bondings will find time.

deanhills
Site Admin

Post by deanhills » Sun May 06, 2018 10:11 pm

standready wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:34 pm
Hopefully very soon Bondings will find time.
I'm hoping so hard! First thing I do with any of my logins to the internet is check if Frihost is up. Remember that Frihost smiley with the little guy praying? Think that is where I am when I'm thinking Frihost.