This forum was created for news and support while the Frihost and FFS Forums were down and Server 1 with the Forum hosting accounts on it was still up and running. The ending was obviously predictable, but it's still sad news when Frihost Server 1 finally came to an end on Valentines Day - 14 February 2019.

Our heartfelt thanks to Bondings for supporting us for a very long time with providing free hosting to those who could not afford it, long after he stopped being involved with Frihost. Not only did he continue to provide free hosting, but the hosting was of the best quality ever on a 5-star cpanel server with Hetzner. Specs were enormous and for the period January 2015 to 14 February 2019 we rarely had a down time on the server. We're sad Bondings stopped communicating with us, but wish him the best wherever he is and with whatever projects he is involved with.

For those who are curious about the last days of Frihost - here's a blog article I wrote at Gigarocket.net:

https://www.gigarocket.net/blog/rip-frihost-and-ffs/

If you are looking to contact me, you'll find me at either https://gigarocket.net/forum (genesis) or https://post4vps.com (deanhills).

Hijack this thread

standready

Hijack this thread

Post by standready » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:52 pm

This is one of the most popular threads over on Frihost so I thought IceCreamTruck's thread should carry on here.
First, Thank you Deanhills for all you do and have done for us!
I hope Frihost get back up and running soon but in the meantime - Hijack away!

deanhills
Site Admin

Re: Hijack this thread

Post by deanhills » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:50 pm

You're right @stand. It's my favourite thread too. 8-)

I've got literally hundreds of images I've created in my computer. Here's one that is on my mind. :D

andy26

Post by andy26 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:34 am

It would be nice if this could be the new frihost forums, and leave it for Dean to carry on the legacy since bondings has been missing for ages now lol.
I was watching a video on youtube yesterday, someguy finds a working PC and server in an abandoned building and i was thinking it would be funny if that was frihost just left running in some old abandoned building left unattended.

deanhills
Site Admin

Post by deanhills » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:05 am

You're right Andy - hilarious, but who knows, anything is possible. I do miss our classic Frihost Forum though. Would be nice if the lights could go on again.

peter

Post by peter » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:50 pm

deanhills wrote: Image
Who has seen E.T. dressed up as Onkel Sam?
If that's really who he is I'm afraid we won't find him here on Earth.

deanhills
Site Admin

Post by deanhills » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:50 am

lol @peter. You're right, maybe we're looking at the wrong place on earth and Bondings has gone home already. :D

Here is another image I found tonight in my collection - maybe this is where Bondings is:

standready

Post by standready » Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:37 pm

Why do people expect you to do for them when they will NOT do for you?